- 20 May 2019
- Posted by: admincryptovalues
- Category: Cryptovalues News, Legal
This paper summarises the outcomes of the analysis of the ECB Crypto-Assets Task Force.
- First, it proposes a characterisation of crypto-assets in the absence of a common definition and as a basis for the consistent analysis of this phenomenon.
- Second, it analyses recent developments in the crypto-assets market and unfolding links with financial markets and the economy.
- Finally, it assesses the potential impact of crypto-assets on monetary policy, payments and market infrastructures, and financial stability.
The analysis shows that, in the current market, crypto-assets’ risks or potential implications are limited and/or manageable on the basis of the existing regulatory and oversight frameworks.
However, this assessment is subject to change and should not prevent the ECB from continuing to monitor crypto-assets, raise awareness and develop preparedness.